Originally Posted by autoxcuda
Originally Posted by dragon slayer
Thanks, I did figure it out. Also found a letter that stated 66 Hemi were exempt. Still curious about numbers produced in 67 for CA.

Not sure there is an option report for that year and model.

In 1970 there is N95 (ca emissions) and N97 (ca? noise reduction) on the fender tag. But those are mandated packaged, not customer choice options

I believe the intent of the option reports were to track customer choice trends.

Not sure if those mandated packages show up on any report. And those reports at best only track options for a VIN designated model, like GTX, RR, Belvedere I. So you’ll never get a break down of how many Hemi cars or Hemi 4spd got chrome curb feelers or whatever.

In the bigger scheme it’s not really an entity of desirability. It’s like a group of guys all dating models. And one says, “but i’ve got the only one with detached earlobes ”... at that point, who cares.

Well CAP was mandatory for CA and was only CA. So in the case of a somewhat limited option Hemi, just wondering how many sent to CA were a Mandatory CAP option would be required. The point for me is how rare are the pair of carbs I have.
It certainly would matter to someone restoring a 67 CA hemi car who strived for a correct OEM restoration. So the CAP option is not like a pair of curb feelers. rolleyes It was a specific part with specific part numbers only applicable to the 67 Hemi CAP car. Same with the distributor. If data does not exist so be it. Somewhere a bean counter had to tell carter how many to make for production support. Was hoping someone had an estimate.