Originally Posted by Mr T2U
YES there is a lot of over hype about this.
and in my opinion i will try to avoid this if i can thru common sense methods and live my life as planned.

there is some basis to be concerned.
The World Health Organization announced on Tuesday that the global death rate of the disease caused by the new coronavirus was 3.4%.

the death rate of regular flu is 0.1%

You should have kept typing to give people an accurate, full picture of that statement...

The figure does not include all mild cases that do not require medical attention and is skewed by Wuhan, where the death rate is several times higher than elsewhere in China. Researchers expect the rate may be reduced as they discover a fuller picture of who has been infected. The death rate could turn out to be below 1 percent, according to Dr. Anthony Fauci and Dr. Clifford Lane of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, and Dr. Robert Redfield, director of the CDC. Dr. Margaret Harris, a W.HO. spokeswoman, said the figure was a crudely calculated snapshot of the disease's death rate globally, and was expected to change over time and vary from place to place.