Originally Posted by jcc

I might offer a $100 just to make this go away.

Guess next boilerplate added to sales, "no claims allowed if item leaves shipped to address"? eyes

Edit: Since I "declined" to allow a return and full refund, he has now left an ebay "negative" feedback.
Guess playing nice just ended.

His name FWIW "Yizhang Wu"

Chiming in late here,
He is unable - for whatever reason - to provide you with information that would allow you to recover any costs for him via your insurance. Therefore he cannot be made whole. From there the decision becomes how much do you settle on.

- You should be on solid ethical grounds stating that you can pay him back anything that your insurance will give you. In order for you to recover ANYTHING, you need the damaged article back, or a UPS inspection at address of delivery. Standard procedure.
- If you stick to that, you are being fair.
- If he can't or doesn't comply, I would have no sympathy whatsoever.
- The buyer must participate fairly too and provide due diligence IF he wants to be made whole.
- If he can't provide it he does not have a right to full compensation.

From a business standpoint, I agree with your approach of a low offer. But now, he's already given you a black eye w negative feedback.
Game over?

My example:
- One day I got a purchase delivered, with damage to the box that the part couldn't possibly have survived. I kept the delivery guy there while I took photos and called the seller. We agreed I would refuse the shipment, and the shipper returned the package to the seller. The seller got the package and processed the insurance claim on his end. The seller was easily able to honor that whole process and shipped me a new part. This was a fragile $800 part.

Cheers,
- Art

Last edited by 67SATisfaction; 01/02/20 06:37 PM.

65 Satellite hardtop 361/4bbl console 727 2.76
67 Satellite convert 383/2bbl column 727 3.23
67 Lancia Fulvia Sport 1.3 Zagato. Alloy body, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
67 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1.3. Alloy panel, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
71 Alfa Romeo GT Junior 1300 Zagato, 1.3L 4cyl DOHC hemi 5-spd
82 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5L SOHC hemi V6 5-spd transaxle
75 Maserati Bora US spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
77 Maserati Khamsin Euro spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
07 Aston Martin DB9 6.0L DOHC V12 6spd transaxle