That video is on a B1 head with 3 additional rocker arm hold downs, work
I didn't try to find out how much difference in lash there was between setting the lash at TDC versus the race way, maybe I should work
I use to set them when the exhaust valve opened set the intake lash, then rotate the motor over until the intake valve opened all the way and just closed and then set the exhaust.
Dominic, Thumperdart, found out with a solid lifter race cam that his motor was bending the parts with under 350 lbs. open at max lift so he came up with setting the exhaust lash after the intake valve opened fully and started to close as well as setting the intake lash when the exhaust valve started to open ended up with minimum lash change compared to the old Mopar decal way work
Time to eat, I'll add more later tonight on this subject.
I verified from my notes on the cam lobe lift, it was .384 on the #1 intake lobe and .393 lobe lift on the exhaust lobes off of the lifters that are being ran in this motor. I had the dial indicator stem sitting in the pushrod cup so the lobe lift might be slightly different there than measuring directly off of the lobes shruggy These lifters do have the .820 wheel diameter, not the.old smaller 750 diameter lifter wheels.
The lift at the retainers varied from a low of ..709 up to .715 with the lash set at .012 at room temps of 70 to 78 F on the intake retainers and from .727 to .740 on the exhaust retainers with the lash set at .012 at room temps.
I ended up having to remove valve spring shims (.015 up to .060) from 5 of the exhaust valves which gave me .060+ to coil bind measured at max lift and none from the intake valves work
I have one motor running now with the paired shaft Jesel rocker arm set up on a set of 4401 heads, I like that system up a bunch up
I'm still working on this motor and hope to finish it this weekend luck

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 12/19/19 10:30 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)