I'll give my perspective from a unique standpoint. I used to work at a dragstrip for over 10 years (Ubly Dragway)....Tom Ledford ran the track at the time. I usually worked the burn-out box, and at times the starting line....(Mr. P Body can attest to this) wave Our track team ALWAYS sprang into action IMMEDIATELY if there was a problem with someone's race-car/motorcycle/snowmobile/street car...etc.

I remember one year (2003) we had Mopar's Against the World money race, a '67 Plymouth Belvedere did his burn-out in the box....
as he was shifting into high gear, his 440 EXPLODED all over the ground, kicked out 2 rods IIRC. Chunks of engine block, parts, oil/anti-freeze everywhere. We promptly opened the hood, used an extingisher just in case in the engine bay, cleaned up the mess. Yes, the car owner was helping too! The race resumed about 15 minutes later, after we cleaned it all up. It was like that almost every race day or test n tune days as well. Alot of oil downs, over the years...we never had an attitude towards the responsible party, sh*t happens, and we dealt with it. Often times, an offending racer, who would oil down the track, would buy us a couple cases of cold beer, for our trouble, of cleaning up after his mess! beer

Our crew was always on top of it, and very professional, ask Mr P Body up
This Milan crew...well I'm at a loss for words, and I'll leave it at that. twocents

Plymouth Makes It!