Getting close to finished on a 68 Formula S 340 car I'm building for a friend. We picked up a PS pressure hose from Mega at Carlisle for it. when I went to put it on the gear box side of the hose fitting is too small for the fitting. I called Mega thinking we picked up the wrong hose and they said they only have one so if it doesn't fit send it back. I appreciate the offer but I cant imagine they sell a hose that is wrong so I am figuring I'm missing something. In full disclosure it was a manual steering car that I converted to power, using all A-body stuff. The gear was done by Ohio Steer & Gear (which I've used successfully a few times) and it came back with no fitting, no big deal I have plenty of extra gears, so I grabbed a fitting and refurbished it to pretty. When the fitting was the wrong size I figured there must be multiple sizes (although I have never run across that before). I began to look at other ones I have including original A-body set ups and found them to be the same. I also noticed that the ones with hoses required a 11/16 wrench to remove them and the new hose used a 5/8s wrench. Hard to believe both A-bodies set ups I have aren't original but I guess anything is possible.

So with all that said what am I missing????

Thanks in advance, Kevin

Careful, your character's showing!