It's all good, Cab. I had to spend a lot of money for a formal education to get out of the box I had put myself into.

I believe they were pretty tight lipped back then about what they did with Glidden's ProStock motor. Or, it's possible they didn't know what they know now. I do know even Mopar didn't like to admit something they had no control over. Since every engine is different, the geometry requirements will be different between them, and that is something no manufacturer can account for, the engine builder has to do it. But, they still want to sell parts, so they have to make it sound like they have it all figured out and you can just bolt stuff together. Every engine builder knows that isn't true. If that were the case, there would be no professional engine builders, and anyone could buy an engine kit, slam it all together, and it would be perfect.

The Jesel system you have is telling you something. If the motor turns over more freely, and everything else is pretty much the same, then the valve train is binding or experiencing more friction in the non Jesel motor. It's something to think about. Good luck with the B1 motor. I hope you see a big improvement! up

Mike Beachel

I didn't write the rules of math nor create the laws of physics, I am just bound by them.