Originally Posted by madscientist
Originally Posted by Wirenut
Thanks for the pics and sharing your experience .
Looked at pics of the sweep pattern from when I put the t&d set up on. Not nearly as short as yours. I thought they were acceptable at the time but obviously not.
Thanks again.

I absolutely hate to beat a dead horse, but you are the perfect example of why Chrysler guys drive me nuts...and I say that in the most friendly manner I can type so please don't take this wrong.

I don't care what rockers you use, on what heads, big or small block I'd bet everything I have, and some stuff I don't have that I can walk through the pits at any mopar race and show you 85% of the engines have valve train issues. The number 1 clue is lash caps. The number 2 clue is you aren't using a kit from B3 racing engines or, you haven't milled the stands off and are using google offset shafts and stands.

If I don't see that, you have geometry issues. Do guys get away with it? Sure do. But it still doesn't make it correct.

Literally, every week on the web I see guys asking about lash caps and being told it's not the fix, and sure as hell someone comes along and tells them they've been using lash caps since before the council of Trent and there's nothing wrong with them (there isn't a thing wrong with lash caps I you arent using them to correct geometry...and what's sad is Harlan Sharp tells anyone who asks the lash cap is the fix for geometry and they are wrong) and not to worry because the sweep is centered.

You hope eventually when someone has an idea that is functional and economical it would catch on. Why I have to repeat myself virtually every week about contacting B3 and getting his help is beyond me. I've had people PM me and ask what kick back I get from diving business his way. The truth is I don't. I pay for his stuff. I use his stuff.

The moral of the story is you have caught an issue before it went into the toilet. Call Mike and let him help you. Ignore the people who tell you it's anything but geometry. I think you'll find Mike easy to deal with and his stuff works.

Fix your geometry and then don't worry about the valve train. As a side note, I've had guys call me and tell m after correcting geometry they had to lash the valve less often and the lash wasn't moving like it was before they fixed their geometry.

If it wasn't for this site, and Mike posting his stuff here several years ago, I wouldn't know about his stuff. Thankfully, he has the ability to ignore the nay sayers and just keeps moving forward.

Please keep us updated on what happens. Hopefully what you do will help someone else from having issues.

Not sure what this is all about. I thanked the gentlemen trying to help each time I replied and reading back through my post I don’t see where I once contradict or argued the advice offered.