This car has had a intermittent fuel starvation problem I have not been able to solve for about a year now. It is ok when the weather is cool. The problem begins to occur when the ambient temperature goes above 70 and I have driven it awhile. When in wide open throttle the fuel pressure drops and the engine falls off. It is a 68 dart with a 505, cammed so mild it sounds like a stocker when it idles and I drive it daily. I make about one trip a month to the track where it runs 7,70s. Its not that quick so it doesn't seem the fuel demand would be that high.

The entire fuel system is new including the fuel tank and a 1/2 inch pickup. It currently has a holley 110 gph electric fuel pump with regulator set to 7 psi. The fuel line is 1/2 inch from tank to pump and 3/8 from pump to carbutetor. I only run at the track with fuel tank full. I have also tried it with a carter 120 gph mechanical but it has the same problem. I have tried both in series and still have the same problem. The fuel line is routed in the stock location and has to cross over the exhaust system on the right side before it gets to the engine. I cannot find a way to overcome this without running the fuel line inside the car but I do not want to do this. I have the fuel line insulated where it crosses over the exhaust just in front of where the tailpipe arch is located.

This problem has me frustrated that I cannot solve it. This fuel system is the same as I have used on other cars that worked well with no problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated and also I would like to hear how some of you have routed your fuel lines and where you have your electric fuel pumps located.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Roger