Last year I started asking a bunch of questions here and over on "A-Bodies only", regarding the swap I planed to do. My son started to get me thinking about it when he decided to put a 5.7 in his belvedere(still in the works)

My swap started because I was tired of running strictly race fuel in my 415sb motor, I started selling off as much of my running small block to a few members here on Moparts. once all the parts were sold I then stared to buy the gen 3 parts and pieces.

what I first started with was a 2004 Durango 5.7 with a large amount of internal issues. I paid $50 dollars for the core. then I started to piece it together and one small learning issue at a time. I decided to put that motor aside and purchase a 2007 running motor(as I was told from Carolina exchange I will never due business with him again) that ended up being just a little better than the Durango core I bought. I was able to get away with a Hone job two new pistons, new bearings, oil pump, timing chain and gears and found a set of 09 heads, new Head gaskets, Prefix intake, MSD hemi 6, TTI headers, TTI motor mounts, oil filter relocation kit hoses etc..

The motor is now in the car all bolted up and almost ready to fire up. It has taken me from January till today to be with in a few days of firing up. I could have taken a week off work and completed the entire swap in one week but I have many other things going on in my life besides my car hobby.(Wife, adult children, house, job(travel) and the most important is the honey due list) so at a snails pace I am getting there.

I cant say that during this swap it has all been troublesome but there are challenges as you go. I have really read and studied the guys blogs that have already completed there swaps and believe it or not, all the different swaps in all the different cars, its all worth reading about. all the way down to radiator hose selection and thermos stat temp.

I do have some pictures of the motor on the stand and in the car that I will post so hopefully I can help someone else down the road. if I have the pictures I will post them. I have had a lot of fun with this and it was just to prove you can get a junk yard pull out motor to run good and fun doing it.

Stay tuned for some pictures

Last edited by 392Hemi; 09/16/19 12:29 PM.

Thank you
Kiddart