This is on a 360 magnum in a Durango. Stock size engine,. stock rebuild. 30 over, only deviation. That and a set of out of the box assembled EQ heads. Had a couple of hours on the rebuild and less than 10 miles. Tried to drive, wouldn't even hit 60 mph, acted like it was running out of fuel. Died once, fired right up. Died again a mile away in the middle of a left turn, wouldn't restart. Brand New fuel pump, new cat at time of the rebuild. When it wouldn't restart I got out and saw the exhaust was glowing cherry red. Melted down the brand new cat. Computer to find out #4 exhaust pushrod was bent, and the valve is bent, it hit the Piston. These heads are at the machine shop as we speak, they tell me that all of the guides are too tight.basically gonna need a whole valve job to correct. Another$200 on too of the $700 I paid for the heads in the 1st damn place.
Any one else have issues with EQ heads?
I did this overhaul in October and November 2016, truck has been sitting ever since in the garage. I am just now getting back into it. Anyone else ever heard of this before with these heads? Injectors on time back then/ once I did get it to run once I got it close to home the injectors were showing 17 milli seconds on time instead of the 3.some that it should have been.
The short block is junk, needs another rebuild. I have another to put in, but I wanted to get the 2nd replacement engine in but wanted to reuse the EQ heads on this block. Is the sticky valves the extent of the problems or does the computer system come into play? Would sticky valves cause the injectors to stay open longer than expected?