Andy is spot on. Although mine is setup for my use I run individual EGT probes and an O2 sensor along with an airflow turbine and automated weather station. I like to run the headers that will be used on the car and I have welded in EGT bungs with permission. I have a collection of various carbs but like to dial in what's going to be used on the motor. Using their carb and headers gives a more accurate account of what you can expect once the motor is in the chassis.
One Moparts member and dear friend brought his 512 street motor over to break in and tune. We fired it up to break in the cam, set the timing, and brought it up to 2200rpm. Right away it started leaking oil from the rear main and the A/R was Dead Lean. Shut it off and pulled the carb apart. It was a Demon Silver Claw, said he'd paid a premium to have to setup for his combo. Between the time he bought it and the time we dynod it the company had filed. Anyway once apart we found a broken drill bit still in the primary metering block. They left it in there and just drilled another hole next to it. The whole carb was pretty much junk. We threw my 850 Holley on it and it was spot on, the motor was using 780cfm so I recommended a 800 Edelbrock as it was a street cruiser. The rear main leak was caused by interference between the rear main ARP studs and the seal retainer.
In conclusion, look around, ask questions, try and find one where you can use your own headers and carb.