Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

well if a guy on here made 570 hp on a low deck,with eddys and manifolds how much can you be losing 40hp over headers it wont be much. i want to retain the stock look, not a race car, show car. im sure it will run better than tired, heavy 906s

I'm guessing that is a heavily modified enigine. And the Main's were "hogged" out some. I don't think they up-grade on a stockish 440-6 would be the same. You'd probably add more HP by getting a set of headers.

It was a 470" engine , nothing real exotic in the build, flat tappet cam, the manifolds were AS CAST ...

so you think a pair of headers is going to gain as much as changing from a set of heads that flow maybe 220 at .500 to a pair of heads that flow 280 plus at .500 ???

I think there are easier and cheaper ways to get HP than bolting on a set of Eddy heads. Especially if you are going to choke them up w/ a set of exhaust Mani's. Why not run the stock 2.25 exhaust while you're at it?

ok lets go back to sqaure one the confines of the the build: 1970 v-code all oe 440+6 4spd 410 dana show car with only 2 mods on car. motor bay must look all stock from stock oil pan,stock 6bbl intake,stock manifolds,stock rad/fan anything between these parts is all fair game.. ie stroker kit,solid cam,alum heads ect..no headers,no aftermarket intakes. love to hear any combos on big blocks wedges with alum heads with manifolds

Last edited by hemigod426; 03/26/09 02:38 PM.

MOPAR OR NO CAR