Originally Posted by Lee446
Thanks to dfsmopars for bringing up this subject. As many can see, there are a lot of your fellow car brothers that have been affected by prostate cancer and it shows that it is not just an "Old mans" diesese. It appears to be showing up younger than it used to, maybe people are just getting checked more. I worked in a refinery for 37 years, we were required to get a company physical every year. We had to fight with the company to get them to include a PSA test(not expensive) for the men, even when they had been offering Breast exam/mammograms for the women for years! When you have a physical done, please get a PSA done..Thanks again to DFS for bringing up the subject and raising awareness about it! And best of luck and prayers for him on his decision.

That is awesome. The response to my post was “just what the doctor ordered”. I debated posting it for about three days because I didn’t want to be a Downer but the information and props received have been invaluable.
The more I read the more it is apparent there is a huge lack of clear information out there for men. There is so much that it is unknown. What is known is that a simple blood test is all it takes to be put on top of this deal. My work has a health fair annually and my number was around 3.5 for four years then this year it jumped to 4.7. A handful of other men at work or women’s husbands have been alerted and treated over the years.
Thanks to all who have offered up personal experiences, you may never know how much it has meant to me or someone else just reading this post.

‘72 Charger, 5.9 Magnum, Tremec 5 spd., Pro-Touring
‘14 Big Horn, Quad Cab, 4x4, 1500