I had the opportunity to drive the car for an extended amount of time this weekend. When you first start to drive the car it takes about 30 minutes of driving and playing the radio to make it pop through the speakers, and that changes it from FM back top AM. If you let it play from there without turning it off it will continue to pop more frequent the longer it continues to play. If you turn the radio off for say 10 minutes and then back on it will play for about 20 minutes without popping again. so I am not sure what really to say beside if it plays continually it will start to pop frequently, if turned off and back on it seem that it does not. I also changed my voltage regulator out on the firewall to make sure that might not have something to do with the trouble , but it changed nothing.
Does anyone know if the voltage limiter on the gauge cluster has any effect on the radio? I know I get a decent amount up and down on my fuel gauge unless I run the headlamps so I am thinking that might be the voltage limiter on the back of the cluster.
Thanks for the reply's and help. Matt