Originally Posted by Airwoofer
Barely used 540 Mopar (World) short block assy block here that I won't use. Didn't you get that PM?

Airwoofer you can PM me the info I might be able to help clear some space.

As for an aluminum block on the street. Have you not been paying attention in new cars. THOUSANDS if not MILLIONS of cars are on the road with aluminum blocks. IMO the biggest issue is going to be corrosion. If you are gonna be driving the thing for many years I would suggest a getting a Magnesium Sacraficial Anode. There are some that attach to radiator caps and others that thread in. Its just a good idea. As for valve lash, yes they grow more, as for getting on them cold. Happens at the dragstrip ALL the time. I have an aluminum block in my TS car. We tow it to the line and back COLD. Fire it up and make a pass, cool it down and repeat. No issues at all. The do pull heat away much more efficiently than an iron block so you can get away with a fair amount more compression on pump gas(race gas too)as well. One of the only "issues" other than corrosion would be a loss of cylinder pressure over an iron block. Again because the aluminum is much better at dissipating heat than iron is.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"