Originally Posted by Ian
Originally Posted by camastomcat
None of the flow numbers or HP#s matters. What matters is ET and MPH at what weight? As far as conservative, again I've had several of them starting at 470 CI to 572CI. I know what mine were capable of. I had a 1870# dragster with B1/MC's that went 7.25@183. I'm going to bet it made around 1070-1080 HP. The more HP you make, the converter you use is paramount to your success in using it properly. JMO Ask Al about his 525 CI B1/MC.
I think hp and flow do matter when it comes to building a engine and trying to get the most out of it with comp and cam.but at the end of the day it is what it is and will make what it makes, then correct you need to have converter and gears right too and set the car up right to have et and mph from that power level

One of the last things I worry about is flow. The shape of the curve is important, as are other things. Flow is at the bottom of my list of importance.

Last edited by madscientist; 05/24/19 12:15 AM.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston