To Rick,
Quote:

Don`t take this wrong....I really can`t believe one of those is still on the road.....

LOL - no offense taken! 185,000 mi. for $350! Hope I didn't pay too much! (Timing belt scenario scares me next, as I have no maintenance records, and it's an interference motor.)

Quote:

...alot of the Mitsu`s had what to you should look like a slightly large ballast resistor on the firewall or core support, It is porcelain with 5 wires and is a dropping resistor pack for the injectors 12 volt feed and are prone to failure.

Sounds familiar. I'll have to check it tomorrow, but that makes a lot of sense (something opening under load, as a power resistor might). Thanks for the reminder about the test light for a load, too.

Quote:

If you have voltage at the injector feeds then start tracing the injector grounds back to the ECU.

I'm trying to track down some service lit at the moment to get the connector pinout at the ECU to aid in tracing. Would there be only one ECU? Looks like one below the dash, in the center, behind the console.

Quote:

Verify spark to those 2 holes even though you know the injectors are not firing, this will confirm that the Cam angle sensor is ok.

All wires have spark. I figured this car has a simple ECU & sensor system, so I didn't think a cam or crank sensor problem would cause a failure to half the injectors consistently, but I may be wrong.

Quote:

If that is all ok then it is possible the ECU has succumbed to the all to common 5 volt line capacitor failure internally

Sounds like a high ESR (dried up electrolytic cap) problem? And I hope it hasn't lost any injector drivers. I've been able to find some Mitsu Mirages in the junkyard so far, but my chances of finding a Colt for an ECU will probably be slim to none.

To RodStRace,
Quote:

It was a shared injector ground at the ECU (batch fired). Cleaned the connector and it lived. See if the 2 share ANY wiring to narrow down the issue.

Thanks for the tip from your experience. That's exactly why I'm trying to get a hold of some service lit., to help with the tracing.

I'll post back with what I find tomorrow.
-Allan

(FKA Racer Al back in 2000...)