There is an aftermarket heavier spring available. I used it, not saying it is even necessary, but there didn't seem to be a down side (other than a few bucks). And it seems like there was a bearing, maybe under that spring, that there was a better version of. There is a cooling mod, too that can be done to the shaft. Again, it may not be necessary, but it got it, just in case. Most of the other stuff has been covered by others here. To be honest, I don't remember the line pressure. It wasn't real high though, seems like 100lbs or so. I discussed that with A&A at the time and took their suggestion.

They also eliminated the OD servo (if that is what you call it) so it goes into OD about as firm as it goes into 3rd. A&A has experience with these valve bodies and trannies and the FMVB they did for me turned out exactly like I hoped it would. I wished everything turned out as well.

As I said before, I am very happy with the 518 in my Cuda. It is a shame though, that we have to cut and adapt a bell and have such a limited selection of street converters for stroker motors. But, in the end, I still feel it was worth the time, trouble, and money.

Master, again and still