Originally Posted by plumcrazycuda
What did they do to fix it?

Basically, I swapped over to a mechanical roller so I could run enough spring pressure to control the valve train at higher rpm. With a hydraulic roller, there is a balancing act between running enough spring pressure to control the valve train with hydraulic lifters, but not so much that the lifters collapse.

On big block Mopar's the hydraulic lifter choices are pretty limited. If you plan to stay bellow 5500 rpm or there abouts, the stuff that's out there is fine. Some guys can bump the rpm up higher, but for most folks that's about the upper limit..

I needed something that is happy in the 6K+ range, so mechanical roller was my best path.

I also put in a set of Manton Stage 5, 7/16ths pushrods and custom T&D rockers with B3 Racing's geometry correction kit. The engine has never run as smooth as it does now. I think a lot of the difference is due to how stable and efficient the valve train is now.

Here's a before and after pics the B3 geometry correction kit.

Rocker before1 (Medium).JPGRockers2 (Medium).JPG

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)