Originally Posted by plumcrazycuda
For some reasons the lock nut came loose on the rocker. This is why the pushrod came out. Don’t know why after so long that the nut broke loose? I only ran it up to like 4K rpm and it pull hard to 6500+but to be honest I have not run it at the track for years. I had two pushrod and put them in today and it fired right up!

I am going to pull the intake and would like to replace that lifter if I can get just one form Crane cam. Don’t want to buy 8 of them to get one. I would sleep better if I can replace it! I am going to double nut the adjuster bolt. Don’t want to have it happen again and don’t want to lose my motor over it! I know one thing for sure if the lifter breaks it over quick!

I had the same issue with the jam nuts loosening several years back with a hydraulic roller cam set-up in my 493 RB. It dropped a pushrod too. In my case, the springs were loosing control of the valve train at about 5700 rpm or there abouts. There was some seriously bad harmonics going on in the valvetrain. They were so bad that it blew all the roller bearings out of my exhaust rockers.

I sought help getting to core problem from Dwayne Porter, He guided me through the analysis process, identified the root issue and then went through my heads and spec'd a mechanical roller cam. The motor has never run smoother or performed better.

I even ended up using B3 Racing to optimize my rocker geometry. Mike, the owner, is a great guy to work with.

I also found that be tightening and loosening the adjuster nuts several times to really seat the lock nut on the rocker arm helped keep them tight.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)