Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
Imo, if you set out that build a 505” 12.5:1 “bracket race motor”, to run in the 10.00 range....... you built the wrong combo
I’m not saying you can’t get there, but you didn’t hit the “easy button” with the combo you built.

It should have been done with MW heads and intake manifold, 4500 carb, bigger cam, and more stall.

The std port heads will tolerate way more cam than you have now, but you’ll likely need to run more stall to really take advantage of it.
If you’re racing through mufflers that needs to be taken into account for cam selection.
I can’t see the motor picking up 75hp with a cam swap.

Bigger cam first, then a stall adjustment if necessary.........and in the mean time I’d try and pick up a 337 intake manifold.
Get the manifold port matched to the full MW size and open the heads up as to that as well..

If you are going to max wedge you might as well sell off your 240s and buy the 270 - with a raised intake as a bonus
But I do agree look at cam first to get RPM and power , allowing the 505 will swallow a lot of cam .

Tex

New best ET 10.259@129.65 .
New best MPH 130.32
Finally fitted a solid cam,
stepped it up a bit more
3690lbs through the mufflers
New World block 3780lbs 10.278@130.80 . Wowser 10.253@130.24 footbraking from 1500rpm
Power by Tex's Automotive