Many years ago at a track far away my brother in-laws '70 Road Runner decided it no longer wanted it's crankshaft and spit it out in two pieces making a very big mess and making my b.i.l. very sad. After sitting for a LONG time, he decided to get the old girl running again and we started building a new engine. At this point we have a 507" RB shortblock (4.36 bore, 4.25 stroke) with Icon dished 842's .007 deck height, H-beam rods. He wants to reuse his six pack induction and has a .600" lift Lunati roller. He also has the Harland Sharp rockers that were on the 906 castings the car had. Our intention was to use his ported, big valve 906's, but after sending them out to be magged and to freshen up the valve job we discovered they were both cracked below the center exhaust ports.

We decided that since the heads showed signs of weeping and that it would only get worse new heads were in order. The Trick Flow heads were looking like a good match and we were ready to order them when we started to hear of a scrub problem using the HS's and that HS had actually made a separate rocker for these heads as the original rockers are too long and the roller is too far back on the valve. I think I saw AndyF mention this as well in another post. We called HS and they said that there was an issue but it could be solved by using lash caps. Not really the way I want to go honestly. So at this point I'm wondering if anyone has already addressed this with the TF heads and the original HS rockers? At this point he's put out a lot of his available funding and really doesn't want to have to put out another $1000 for new rockers on top of the $2300+ for the heads. If this proves to be the case, we may have to look at other heads that will bolt up to the OE 6 bbl manifold, use the HS rockers he has and work with his Icon pistons. We have talked about using Stealths but I really never got over their early quality problems and they still scare me. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated as we're kinda stalled out atm and are open to suggestions on making it work with the TF heads or an alternative head choice. Sorry for the long novel beer

'65 Belvedere
'68 GTX
'57 Dodge pickup