Originally Posted by a12rag
Looks great and sounds like it was a great deal ! Way cheaper than getting a "new" truck !! . . . always wonder why people think spending $$$ on bodywork on older vehicle to keep it looking nice, is not good money spent ?!? . . . one another note, why not see if you can get Mopar wheel well liners for the rear ?!?! On my 2002 Cummins 2WD, they were not offered, but on the 4x4 they were . . . went to parts department, ordered a set and put them in - no muck getting up into the box area, etc . . . keeps it looking new ! . . .

There are plastic liners in there but I am not sure if they are the same as what you mentioned. I'm going to be more diligent with washing out that area from now on.

Originally Posted by 5thAve
Looks nice! The wheel arches are just starting to get little bubble spots in a couple places on mine. I've bookmarked that link if I need to get those panels too! Luckily that's the only area I have problems with.

The classic move here is to stick fender flares on when the rust starts... a dead give away looking at used trucks that there are problems.

That same supplier sells a 4 piece repair panel kit with a smaller outer panels for a little less money. It turns out that I probably didn't need the larger panel & just 4 pieces instead of 6 but the difference was minimal & as a true believer in Murphy's Law I knew if I didn't get the larger ones I'd have needed them. laugh2

Smaller 4 Piece Set

There is a local Dodge dealer that got in a nice Ram on the used car lot that had the same rust. The truck was very clean except for the wheel lips.The next day there were black plastic fender flares on it.
There is no way they repaired the rust, painted it & put flares on in less that 24 hours. This same dealer has had a bad reputation for as long as I can remember. down

Originally Posted by DaytonaTurbo
Did your body guy blow in wax oil from the back side after fixing your wheel lip openings? If not, do it as soon as you can!

Probably not, but I'll ask him. up

And by the way, thanks, I think it came out pretty nice considering what I paid. The guy did my 1971 Scamp back around 1992 & it still looks decent. It has a few spots that need to be redone, but not from rust......

Scamp Today 01.jpgScamp Today 03.jpgScamp Today 02.jpg
Last edited by Old_Moparz; 03/26/19 02:52 PM.