The engine started life as a 68 2bbl. However, it was rebuilt along the way, and before I got it. The important things, 150 cranking PSI within 5% of each other in every cylinder. I had to put a rear sump pan on it to clear the AlterKtion (also adding a windage tray, yeah somewhat pointless at this RPM level, but didn't cost me much), cross hatch in the bores and bottom end was clean. Top side the valley and under valve covers super clean. It pulls really strong and steady vacuum at idle (with vacuum can on manifold vacuum) as well. I'm not sure what cam is in it, but with that kind of vacuum at idle it is pretty tame.

If you look up towards the top of the thread (from a few years ago), that is what I measured. That was with my dialback light. Now that I have confirmed TDC (and have added timing tape), I might just put it back together and make sure everything is where I think it is. But a few years ago, initial was 18 degrees and adding 20 degrees of mechanical advance all in by around 2500. Seems like a lot of initial timing, but with this and the vacuum can attached it pulls 18-20 inches of vacuum, and has a clean idle. I keep reading that the engines like more initial with the newer/ethanol fuel.

I'm going to get a jet kit for the carb and richen the primaries (after I verify ignition timing). Maybe 74 or 76 (has stock 70s in it right now) and see if that changes anything. Setting idle mixture works fine, transfer slots are not over-exposed, and blades are closed. Put new 30cc pump diaphrams in it a few years ago, with the red cam (forget which hole it is mounted in), but it pumps with even the slightest movement of the throttle.

Last edited by Crazy68Dart; 03/09/19 09:37 PM.

383, Hemi 4-Speed, AlterKtion, D60