OK I did some research. The 39-47 Dodge truck door locks have a square rod that the key turns. That square rod turns a cylinder inside the latch assembly that locks and unlocks the door.

The remote setups all operate by pulling (or pushing) a lever on the latch with a rod or cable. For those to work on these door latches, one would have to insert the square drive, figure out how to hold it in place, then add the lever for the rod to attach to so it could pull up and down and turn the cylinder in the latch assembly.

It sounds like the easiest direction for me to go is with the outside door handles with the keys in them. The problem with those are the handles with the locks are all intended for the left side of the truck, and the current manufacturer (apparently the only manufacturer) is not providing key codes for the locks. The handles can be used on both sides, but there is no easy way to know both locks will be, or can be keyed alike. I could do the left handle with the lock, and then replace the original lock on the passenger side with a NOS lock and key, maybe the passenger lock can be keyed to match the handle lock, but likely I'll end up with different locks for each door either direction I go.

Its just never easy. Gene