Ok so my 39 Dodge pickup is nearing the driving point. I need to figure out a way to be able to lock this thing up.
I'm using the original door latches, and inner and outer handles. The only outside lock is on the passenger door, and my lock is pretty well junk. The screw that hold the lock to the door is very questionable about it coming out. There is no lock on the driver door.

I know the driver door lock was an option in the 50s trucks, but what about the 39-47 truck? I can buy a new pair of door locks with keys. I would have to drill the hole in the outside skin, and I would do that if I knew there was a provision for the door lock on the driver door latch and I could get that driver door lock to work. Anyone been there and done that?

My next option would be to install a remote door lock setup, but I've heard horror stories about buying cheap ones. The question is, which remote door locks are the "cheap ones" and which ones are the good ones? I'm open for suggestions here.

A 3rd option is I can buy door handles with locks in them. In the locked position, the handle doesn't do anything but turn. Then when you unlock it, the handle functions as it should. This sounds a bit scary to me, what if the unlock doesn't work someday?

I know the door locks won't prevent someone from stealing the truck (I have other things in place to assist with that), but it will prevent some fool from thinking he can sit in my truck if he wants to, just because he can open the door. Keeping that fool out could save me from an assault with intent to kill arrest charge. Gene