Originally Posted By NANKET
When did the problem start with last engine? Was it still stock ignition. I looked at your resto thread again. Is there rust or scale in the gas tank?

Check for a vacuum leak, PB booster, vac headlight system, A/C vacuum lines, etc. disconnect and plug vacuum lines and try it. Accelerator pump system.

What camshaft? What compression ratio? Is it too low now? What distributor and ignition system?

Paid like to see the original carb restored and back on there, edelbrocks bring drivability problems with them esp on BB engines.

We know you do good work, must be frustrating, for now.

Problem was evident with engine when we bought it, stock points setup. Tank relatively new. I'll have to dig into the engine rebuilder info to get cam/CR info (daughter/owner has all that). Stock, reman points dizzy, stock coil...replaced failed Firecore all in one installed by engine rebuilder.

VERY frustrating. We've discussed sending orig AVS to Harms. May do that now. Also may upgrade ignition system to Mopar electronic, see if that helps.

The stalling is what made me think of the TC.

We had a problem earlier with a worn fuel pump rod. Gonna check that again as well.