Originally Posted By PETE@BESTMACHINE
So what does it run ? 1/8 1/4 ? Sounds good.

We have not had an opportunity to run it 1/4 mile yet, not for lack of trying but the one time we went to a local bracket race the track made it no Bueno. Typical for LVMS bracket races IMO.

We have competed in a couple local 1/8 mile deals and that's it so far. We have been 4.70 at 149 best with a correction factor of .9746/1.0266(according to the weather station), so typical LVMS "good" air. So we should be able to run low low .60's/150 in better air as is.

Unfortunately the cam just aint happy. IMO Bullet just missed it, the reason I say this is some lash changes picked up 30hp. But to be fair we also dont have the piston to valve to put it where it wants/needs to be(6.5 retarded), only have 210lbs of cranking compression and feel it needs a fair amount more. We have the engine out now and are cutting the pistons to try and put it clower to its happy place. Not sure we can get there but have to try before I condemn the camshaft completely. But I got tired of "racing" the dyno and it went in the car, to sort it out some, which has proved a good idea with the little issues I have had. The end of this year we will be getting new pistons and likely another cam. Hopefully it surprises me and Im wrong on the cam, find out here soon. Not going back on the dyno just in the car and we will learn what we need to.

Still have some tuning to do, just been fighting some little "new car" issues. Trans has been out a few times already as we broke it on the 3rd pass and then broke an "unbreakable" input shaft two passes later(looks like it just had a flaw in material). No excuses at all just stating whats happened and pretty confident there is more there. I think realistically we can go 7.teens in good air and low .30's here as it is with some tuning. Hopefully we can get the cam happier this weekend and that shows a positive gain.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"