I've owned and drag race a bunch of 4 speed cars from 340 bracket cars to a 1970 Baracuda with a legal Street Hemi motor in it in NHRA stock for 2 1/2 yrs, none of them had crankshaft thrust wear problems shruggy
The Hemi motor started off with a McCleod 3100 Lbs. pressure plate with a 11 inch clutch on the original 170 tooth flywheel, I tried a bunch of different clutch and pressure plate combinations as well as trying different flywheel size and weight all the way down to 18 lb. 130 tooth aluminum flywheel which would bog the motor instead of spinning the tires on the starting line boogie
I ended up finally weighing it for front wheel and rear wheel weight after racing it for 2 1/2 yrs. it had 2169 Lbs. on the front tires and 1280 Lbs. on the rear tires without me in it shock whiney puke
That was the last time I raced that car realcrazy shruggy
I haven't seen a full groove Hemi main bearing set that didn't have the thrust oiling grooves built into them confused shruggy
I have seen posts on here by other members advocating using non full groove main bearings on all types of BB Mopar motors including 426 Hemi motors, not me tsk twocents

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 01/18/19 04:39 AM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)