Fear of having a problem like this one is the reason we bit the bullet and bought a Hot Wire harness when we did my son's wagon the first go around.

On a 93 Dakota, the ADS relay and the fuel relay both power through the ignition switch (same power source as the cam sensor and the throttle position sensor) on first start up. The wires that provide the power to both relays are the same wires some of the early Dakota's had a problem with because of corrosion. The junction that often fails is a connection where 5 or 6 wires are crimped together with a single crimp, about 12" from the under hood fuse box (almost directly under the fuse box on my 93). It is possible that with all the moving of the wiring and the boxes that that wire crimp has failed. The wires are very small and could break pretty easily. I would start there since you used the Dakota fuse box, its about the easiest starting point.

I have no idea how they powered the relays in the 99 Ram, and I have no idea what pin 85 is suppose to have, or not have. Good luck! Gene