Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
Originally Posted By slantzilla
I am intersted in the idea of lowering fuel pressure and putting in bigger needle/seat assemblies. Question is, how big should I go? I have a 600 DP and am at 6 psi now with .110 needles. I want to drop it to 4 psi.

Thanks! wave

Please explain to me why you want to lower the pressure with those size needles and seats?
I use to turn the pressure up until it would force the needles and seats open with the motor running and then back it down around a 1/2 Lb. on all my old race cars on gasoline work That was around 9.5 to 11.0 lbs. depending on the carb, fuel pressure gauge and regulator shruggy
On my current E85 Dominator carb. with .130 stainless needles and seats I didn't see any performance loss or gain going from 7.0 lbs. down to 5.5 lbs. confused work
Volume and pressure are two different measurements but I'm a firm believer in pushing the fuel into the carb. with enough volume and pressure to keep the jets submerge in enough fuel to not run the motor lean in the 1/4 mile work

You can force fuel into the bowls and foam the [censored] out of it. Foam is bad. We are in the 21st century. There are new designs for things. Needles and seats are one of them.

I agree with the OP. Bigger, better needles and seats with lower pressure is a win win deal every day. The bottom feed needle and seats are a simple upgrade, but you need to let the carb guy pick the size and not guess.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston