Really? Do you run a cable-driven tach? Does your water temperature gauge have a long capillary tube to a bulb in the water outlet? And, how DOES a mechanical ammeter or voltmeter work? Where is your gas tank mounted so you can see the amount of float rod sticking out of the tank?

The only really mechanical gauges in most cars are the speedometers, and in newer cars they are electronic as well.

I once owned a car that had had a mechanical oil pressure gauge installed and yes, it dripped hot engine oil on my feet.
Mechanical pressure gauges are just as likely to be inaccurate as electronic gauges. Maybe even more. Take a pressure spike that exceeds the limits of the gauge. The Bourdon tube in a mechanical gauge may become permanently deformed and require, at a minimum, recalibration. The electronic gauge sender bottoms out and sends a big voltage to the meter, which hits the top limit and then comes back to normal, usually with nothing more than a bent needle on the gage, and they are rare.

I'm a mechanical engineer by training and philosophy, and I like mechanical things. But I will freely admit that there are some things that are just done better using electricity.

R.