Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
Funny car type cage is required to go from the 8.50 certs to 7.50. My C.M. tube chassis Cuda needs that done to go faster next year, hopefully luck It was built a lot of years ago and the funny car cage wasn't required back then, it is now whiney

I'm betting that your car will need more updating than you think IF and I said IF the inspector checks under your car. A lot of inspectors don't but my car was on a rack at the time and it needed 6 bars added because of rule changes over the years when I updated my mild steel Daytona from 8.50 to 7.50.

And my Daytona already had a funny car type of cage.

According to the first NHRA inspector that looked at my car when I had it certified the first time for me here in division 6 said it all it needed was the funny car cage to be certed to 7.50 due to the amount of bars in the chassis under the floorboards, 6 from the rear suspension to the foot bar shruggy
This car has gone 6.80s at around 184 MPH before I bought it less engine, it had a blown B1 KB motor on Methanol back then. It sat for 6 yrs. before I got it 5 yrs ago shruggy
Hopefully the new, better bigger C.I., better headed motor will run 8.80 or quicker at 150+ MPH luck

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 12/13/18 04:23 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)