Originally Posted By NachoRT74
so I simply installed any selftapping screw what fits there. I think used the same used on glove box liner in fact.

That was my first thought also. Unfortunately, those are way too small. In fact, I've been trying progressively larger sizes, and I'm now up to the same size as those two silver bolts that hold the underside of the dash to the sides (the ones I asked about yesterday), and even those are too small in diameter. I can't imagine Chrysler using bolts that large for this purpose(?). I can't find anything around the garage that's just a tad larger, so I'm going to have to look at the hardware store. Loads of fun.

[Update]: Ok, just went to hardware store and tried a metric #7 (slightly larger than the 1/4" that I tried before, which was too loose) and it won't even go into the hole. I'm thinking that somewhere in the last 47+ years, some bozo stripped out both holes. tsk I'll try using a couple of large sheet metal/self-tapping screws, and hope for the best. Although, I could probably get by without using any screws at all in those two holes, since the panel doesn't seem to be sticking out much at all. Either that, or try to devise some other way of pulling it in. Thanks for the help!!

Last edited by Fab64; 12/12/18 06:54 PM.