So, originality is the most important thing to you. Is this because you like the idea that everything is original in the car AS you drive it around and enjoy it? Or is it that you feel it protects its value by having every original part, in an as close to original condition as possible? If your feeling stems from protecting its originality, pull the motor and either pickle it or disassemble and store it. Buy another 383 and put it in the car to whatever performance you want. Why continue to add wear and tear to the original block. If you like the idea that its totally original AS you drive it you will have to make some compromises. Even if you can get by with a dingle ball hone and a rering/bearing refresh. The bores are just going to continue to wear so at some point it will need to be bored. My car is NOT a highly desireable car. It will never be a high dollar car. With this in mind I decided to store the original 340. Having the original motor IN the car never matter to me, so why not save the wear and tear.

best of 11.39 at 117 mph 1.60 60’. 68 340 S Barracuda Fastback F.A.S.T [IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2mnnnnt.jpg[/IMG]