Depends on weight and HP, a heavy car has more mass to move and with a hi HP engine, it will work the suspension system more, requiring more extension control. Front end suspension travel is important, this helps the weight transfer to the back wheels and also helps control suspension rise. This what I've found, it's an E Body but the principle is the same. Watch what the car is doing, slo mo video helps a bunch and adjust from there. Good shocks (front and rear) with at least 5 inches of front suspension upward travel, starting on the bottom hole with equal preload (set with someone of similar weight in the driver seat) Again watch what the car does, wheelie, spin, porpoise or move left / right and again adjust accordingly.
You may get the car to run perfectly first time out but in my experience it takes some tuning and understanding on how stuff works. All cars are different and changes to the combo will effect how the car reacts, again this is what i have found.
HTH's up

'74 Challenger..9.46 @ 145.9 1/4, 6.001 @ 118 1/8 so far. 4023lb !!! # N/A, Marsh performance 655ci, Indy Maxx, T/R, Indy 600-13 X's, Street legal, pump gas, full interior, Cal-Tracs, mufflers, 3:73's and real 10.5 radials.
9.51 @ 142.4 1/4, 6.003 @ 114 1/8 with our old mule KB, 572-13, 580 wedge.
RHD '68 Barracuda Fastback 323ci street/strip. Best ET 13.88 @ 99.03