The '66-67 Chevelle... was an absolute turd with a 396, but the next owner threw down some $$$ and stuffed a much healthier LS-7 (BBC) that pushed it into the 11.3s.

The big-a$$ Chevy Biscayne... very much the sleeper. Had a pretty stout 454 and was capable of going 12.5s. That car made some money because NOBODY thought something that big could be very fast, and this was at a time when a "good" legit street car might be lucky to get into the 12s. Oh, IIRC, that's one of those silly staged pics where they put a bottle jack under the front end to make it look like its pulling the front tires on the street.

Wish I had a pic of another friend's car, '67 Camaro 327 4-speed car. Never knew exactly how fast it was, but I was the guy he was racing when he hit a slick spot on the road while reeling in a 10-car spot on my car... he rolled it at speed and ended up hanging upside down on a telephone pole guide wire. Not too much later they put a police station about rock-throwing distance from where that happened; it was a pretty heavily raced section of road back then.

PW Chevelle.jpgBigBoat.jpg