A long-time friend has been texting me pics of cars we owned or new of from around 1979 or 1980. I had no idea these pics were still around, although some of them aren't very good.

The '69 Super Bee was mine, and my first Mopar. It was a 383 4-speed car I bought in my Senior year of High School. Was originally silver w/ red interior, but I had it repainted after it got hit & run in front of my parents house. That's the car that made me come to HATE 383s, since it was pretty much an underperformer in my mind. On those $hitty Firestone Super Sport tires, the best I could get was a 14.0 at 101 with a restrictive factory-type exhaust after a set of cheap headers.

The '69 Dart was an original 383 4-speed car... looked better than it ran, as I recall. Still, a factory BB A-body was/is pretty cool.

The red early Chevy II... actually, there were two around that looked virtually identical. This one was an auto that ran in the 12s and was really street driven. It's "twin", although owned by someone else, was a 4-speed car that I never saw without slicks and a nearby trailer, and was known to have gotten into the high 10s. That was pretty freakin' quick in the pre-N20 era, as I recall. That car never came out if there wasn't $$$ on the race.

BH Super Bee.jpgMH 383-4 spd Dart.jpgMH Chevy II.jpg