Originally Posted By Sixpak
Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
[quote=Jeremiah]I have this and it has been flawless. It's a must have for a stick shift guy. Automatic will be even easier.

"800 lb" Trans Jack

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive...jack-60234.html

Buy this one and you won't be sorry. I had the one that goes in a floor jack. Then the cheapie small scissor jack and last year when one almost fell off it bought the Harbor Freight one listed above. It works GREAT.

I just did the clutch on my NV5600 Cummins with that same jack. Keep in mind it's really meant for flat tranny pan automatics. You have to get creative in order to get it to cradle an oval shaped manual trans case. And I had to modify the chain set up some to get it to be reliable. That NV5600 they say is 400+ pounds and I believe it. It was nice being able to dial in the angle of the trans both vertically and horizontally so the input shaft could go right in. I would not waste money on the cheaper one they sell, the scissor type with the strap.

Good advice. That is a big trans. I have used my setup for NP540s and you do have to add some hardware and use the little side things to prop the trans. We were prepared to be dissapointed. I'm still stoked on it years later as it is the only jack here that doesn't leak down overnight.