Originally Posted By MoparBilly
Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
I wonder what happened to doctor J or whatever his name was that always pushed these heads.

I bought a set of the Air Wolf heads from Dr J., and from what I heard from everyone else, they were basically the Pro Comp casting with his CNC port put on them. No idea if the guides or seats were upgraded. The selling point for me was a 220CC intake port without offset rockers. With a 4.125 stroke 428 Bloomer short block I knew I needed port volume.

My cooling system is lacking in the Valiant, and on the street this engine is almost always 210 or hotter, yet I've completed 5 drag weeks without a single issue. Two times NA 10.39-128 best, three times with nitrous, 9.43-139 best. So, if these castings are indeed Pro Comps I'd say they are good pieces. If anyone was likely to drop a seat it would be me, the way I've treated these things!

I really wanted CNC ported Indy 360-1s, but when I heard guys talking about buying three heads to get two that would hold water it scared me off! These were testimonials from guys who loved their 360-1s, and they would smile and say, "Once you get them lined out and not leaking water they are awesome"! No Thanks!

If you don't mind my asking...why did using an offset rocker bother you?

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston