Originally Posted By Dave Hall
Originally Posted By A/MP
I've has 10.5 for several years with different SB combos and they work well. As stated this car is tubbed and needs new tires. A 12" would fit easily. I'd like to take advantage of the larger size tire and see what it would do. I've got some HD wagon shocks that are extra long. So with all this info that has been discussed, a bigger tire is only a small part of the hook or is it a extra layer of stick on a marginal track condition or more?

Over powered and over size tires as we know is great for consistency. If the car works on the size that's on there just get the best M/T tire you can buy in that size. Most people don't get the larger circumference the larger the footprint north and south wise. Really where you need it the most. I will say this about the M/T 33X10.5WX16. The brakes aren't as good as a normal 15" wide deal. Although I can still kill .02 with the best of 'em! haha You need double adjustable shocks. I've seen some cars with wasted motion driving the rear end into the ground. This can be super frustrating as the car initially hooks then unloads. DAMHIK!

That's for sure. You have to almost completely stop the hit motion of separation, then let the body come down on it slow and steady while it picks up wheel speed.