Originally Posted By Mopar Mitch
T/Anks for the replies so far. I'm getting educated... more duration is obviously needed for more CID, especially a longer stroke such as the 4".

The LSA degrees puzzle me... 106, 108, 110, 112?... having vacuum is needed for my power brakes (during low rpm and off-throttle braking during racing). I'd prefer not to have a rough idle, somewhat smooth... a little lumpy is ok.

I don't want the cam's power band to fall off suddenly... I need it to be strong and wide between ~2500-3000--5500-6000... lots of mid-range.

Solid cam would be ok but I'd favor hydraulic simply because it will be
street/highway driven most of the time... actually... going to/from the road race tracks.

I've tried uploading the CompCams CamQuest program... won't load.. and they don't answer their phones or e-mails.

This is why you need to call someone NOT named Comp who will help you. LSA is a product of all the timing events. You're not going to learn it all from a forum.

Call several cam grinders. Write down all your questions beforehand. Take notes.

Most cam grinders will spend the time with you to explain why they do what they do. I prefer to use small companies, where I get to talk to someone who isn't paid to sell cams from a catalog.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston