Jyrki, you may be correct as far as the "first" altitude corrected car to run in the 10s but that would have been a long time ago, way before the race I'm talking about on those guys trying to be the first NHRA legal car to set the A/SA record in the nines at Boise, ID blush
Dan Dvorak had a number of different M.W. NHRA legal cars that he raced over the years, he was fast but he wasn't always legal all the time whistling Along with a lot of the other east coast racers runaway
I could tell you all kinds of stories about NHRA racers and the many different ways to push and bend the rules work
There was one well known west coast Mopar M.W. Super Stock racer told me when I first started racing in stock in NHRA on pushing and bending the rules, he told me it ain't cheating unless you get caught and convicted shock shruggy
Jim Waldo started racing his Ford the same year I started racing my 1970 Hemi Cuda in A/S, I ran under the minimum NHRA A/S record at the 1975 Winternationals, it was 11.81 and my car ran 11.79 on the third pass boogie grin I ended up getting toss out in the barn during tear down for having a glass beaded intake manifold whiney realcrazy Live and learn shruggy
Jim Waldo was in Division 6, NHRA decided to lower the minimum record to 11.52 after the Winternationals and Jim set the record at 11.49 ET around 115.+ MPH at the first division 6 race in May of that year, he reset it four more times that year before the World Finals at Ontario, CA that year shock
Back then you got 100 extra division points towards the division championship if you set both the ET and MPH record at the same time, which he did all five times thumbs He was and is a great guy along as well being a great drag racer bow His cars always flew thumbs

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)