Hello everyone. I started this thread on another blog. Here is the deal...and I know this for fact because I own the first Superbee out of the LA Plant. I documented mine with Galen which he states that mine is the first one to exist out of the LA plant. Your car is the last 1968 superbee out of the LA plant. However, the sequence number is the beginning of 1969 year. Look at the 1969 sequence numbers and where it begins...in LA that is. Yours is 100740 and the first one listed in 1969 out of the LA is 101028. There are a ton of date codes that will tell you if its an early build or late build. Mine was built 1/23 out of LA. The dates stamped on the crossmember, the trunk and k member all confirm this. There is a date on the wiper motor that is the 347th day of 1967. My mufflers are also dated correctly. Here is the interesting part of your car...it was going down the line along with the 1969 models. So...that hood might have been correct for the car. In other words, the customer may have ordered the 1968 car and optioned for that hood...at the dealer or something. I can't remember if there is a date code on the hood somewhere. [/spoiler]I have been painstakingly restoring mine to 100% original and documenting everything. For example, my K-member has a stamp 009 of 1968. So, the 9th day of 1968. Unfortunately, the engine and tranny were lost over 30 years ago. I found a period correct block and began the build from there. Galen Govier is your first stop. If anyone has anymore information about my car. Thanks.[s][/s]

Last edited by ClassicCar; 10/24/18 09:05 PM.