Hi guys, I'm the owner of the car in question here. I purchased it from the previous owner who inquired on another thread about rather it was "the first Super Bee." I purchased the car a few years ago not knowing there had ever been any controversy regarding the numbers. When I decoded it, everything came up, and the fender tag matched the body numbers so I just assumed all was fine. I knew the original engine and trans had been replaced, but to my knowledge everything else was pretty normal for its age. Needless to say, the revelations of the past week have been disheartening as I have quite a bit of money tied up in the car, and I had no idea there was even the prospect of something being out of whack. I've emailed the person who runs the Super Bee registry and this was his reply.

"Jeff,
When I found this bee for sale in June of 2015, I too questioned the numbers also being a LA build that early. I asked a well known person in the hobby about it, and he had stated that yes it could have been and he had seen others early. I had always thought till mid year. The unknown is the history of this bee. The last title should have shown the current owner and the name of the state of the owner before that.

It could have been a test pilot build for a Executive or photo shoot. In most cases that would have shown in the order number, but it does not."

My next step is to send all of the info to the Chrysler Historic Society to see if they have a microfilm copy of the broadcast sheet matching these numbers. If they don't, I'm afraid at that point I have a tough road ahead of me determining what the car's history is, and how it came to have the unusual sequence it shows.

Last edited by JeffB7189; 08/29/18 06:01 AM.