Originally Posted By AndyF
Anyone younger than 30 doesn't even know what a carb looks like......

FALSE - I'm under 30, I have a carb, and tune EFI whistling

Madscientist, I'm not trying to convince you or say you're wrong. But you're a data freak and you don't want EFI? EFI will give you tons of data!

I think YOU would like tuning EFI. I think most people who have really tuned a carb and distributor would like it. I agree that alot of technology is junk, and over complicates stuff that's just not necessary. But EFI nowadays is pretty straight forward.

Once you calibrate it (and I would do it manually, not the self learn that Holley's systems have) if you target 12.2:1 you will hit it, if you target 12.8:1 you will hit it, within a few percent. And you can have a digital timing curve!

That said, I understand if you don't want EFI on your 50 year old car. I don't have it on mine, but have considered it. Honestly I will probably go EFI before I buy another carb for my car, but not ready to make the switch yet. The digital timing curve is actually a bigger deal to me than the Fuel Injection.

To answer your original question, if you get a TPS that outputs a 5V serial signal you should be able to log it with a laptop with a WB02 (I like AEM but many people also like Innovate). You just have to figure out how to convert those serial output signals, and read them on your laptop.

But what about RPM? whistling

Last edited by GTX MATT; 10/22/18 04:17 PM.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street