Originally Posted By StealthWedge67
For all those that call the modifications “band-aids”; the 9” units that most run are not stock Ford units, they’re full of aftermarket stuff also.:
For that matter, most Dana’s in this conversations are likely S60’s outfitted with Spools, aluminum covers, and aftermarket axles.

I agree: No stock Ford parts at all tsk work I was told by Joe Reath back in the early 1970 that their funny car, Dunn and Reath, where the test mule for the Chrisman family helping develop the Ford nine inch for drag racing. He said they where into it back then for around $2300.00 and still would put the Dana 60 back in the car to go to certain high altitude low traction tracks like in Salt Lake so they didn't have to change third members at the races due to carnage at those tracks work
As far as Dana 60 used for drag racing in some cars I normally will use a junk yard damaged Dana 60 core due to the lower price and I'm going to have them cut down and narrowed to fit and use after market spools and axles up
The truck rear ends set up properly will push by hand in the car so much easier than any 9 inch Ford equip car I have help push at the races or any where else, same thing on drag cars with 8 3/4 rear ends in them when it comes to pushing them by hand shruggy work

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)