EFI & overdrive are an amazing combination. Sounds like several of you havne't pulled the trigger on overdrive yet, as you don't use your cars much. My '68 is a daily driver (factory EFI- reflashed for 408 Magnum & OD)

Overheated/worked fuel pumps can be a reliability issue. Cavitation can exacerbate that problem on poorly designed systems.

Field serviceability on these old cars is hit & miss depending on what breaks and what you brought with you. Look at how many new cars are sitting on the side of the road...

If I had to, I can change both my pumps without dropping the tank. Having an OEM quality fuel system with field serviceable fuel pump/s, spare sensors and the tools and knowledge to troubleshoot them are critical, but so is a cell phone and a flat bed tow truck.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)