I run a Megasquirt MS3X system that I assembled myself from a kit, had to solder all the resistors on the board etc. Its has been on the car 3 years now and has been great. I honestly would be more concerned about an MSD box or something of the like failing on me. Failing MSD boxes were one of the things that pushed into an EFI system that ran everything with sequential fuel and coil on plug ignition. I have several thousand miles over these last 3 years on the megasquirt system. I have completed 3 drag weeks and for 2018 I averaged a 10.69 ET from my little 416 small block Barracuda. I am more confident than ever with the reliability of EFI.

I would carry a spare fuel pump, my car is set up with two of them that are staged and moving the secondary pump to become the primary pump only takes a few seconds. My pumps are external though and I feel they are not as reliable as an in tank pump setup. I have 1200HP of fuel pump for my 600HP engine, its overkill but the redundancy is nice for a street car. I have had one pump failure and I was down on the side of the road for about 2 minutes. Unknowingly my fuel filter had become clogged and the pump was working too hard and it died. I am more aware now and have not run into that problem again.

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 10.04.06 PM.png

68 Barracuda Formula S 340